Dr. Parks is a Kingdom-focused servant leader who is adept at church mission and vision execution. He has a passion for evangelism, discipleship, and church growth complemented by the spiritual gifts of leadership, administration, shepherding, and teaching.
Dr. Parks has a BA in Business Management and a BA in Economics from North Carolina State University, a Master of Divinity with Christian Education from Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary, and a Doctor of Education Leadership from Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. He has published works for LifeWay and Zondervan and serves as Adjunct Professor of Christian Education and Leadership at the Baptist College of Florida.
Prior to serving as Associate Executive Director of the South Carolina Baptist Convention, Dr. Parks served as Executive Pastor at Mount Pleasant Baptist Church in Colonial Heights, Virginia, Ministries and Student Pastor at Christ Fellowship Church in Miami, Florida, and Associate Minister of Outreach, Youth and Young Adults at The Hill Baptist Church in Augusta, Georgia. Prior to his call to ministry, Dr. Parks worked as a Stockbroker and Financial Planner in Charlotte, North Carolina.
David and his wife, Tami, have been married for 28 years and have three children. Joshua, graduated Clemson a couple of years ago and is working as a chemical engineer and serving as a lay leader in his local church. Sarah, graduated Clemson last year and is in graduate school working on her Doctorate in Physical Therapy. Hannah, a rising 6th grader, along with her bunny “Nala” will be making the move with her parents.
As our Executive Pastor, some of Dr. Parks’ job duties include:
- Serves and is accountable to the Pastor as friend, co-laborer, advisor, and confidant. Represents the Pastor as needed.
- Provides day to day management and oversight of church operations, calendar, and budget.
- Responsible for staff supervision and development.
- Guides the strategic direction and alignment of church ministries.
- Oversees committee communication and coordination.
- Works with the Pastor, staff, and committees to establish, communicate, and implement the vision, goals, and plans of the church.
- Available to serve the church as a decision counselor, pastoral counselor, on-call minister and on-site minister (as assigned).
- Preach, teach, and perform weddings and funerals as available.