Preschool Ministry – Policies
- Preschool facilities will be open 15 minutes prior to activities.
- Preschoolers are accepted from and released to adults only.
- Parents should pick up their child as quickly as possible following the service or function.
- Parents, other family members, and friends are asked not to visit the child to “look in” on him/her.This may upset your child (thinking it’s time to go), upset other children, or disrupt the teaching session.
- Children under the age of two at the time of promotion will be promoted during the year according to their development. All other children are promoted annually.
- Parents are asked to label all items belonging to their child, especially diaper bags, bottles and pacifiers.
- Children should leave personal toys at home.
1.All younger preschoolers should bring an extra set of clothing and a plastic bag for wet or soiled clothing.&Please dress them in clothing which is easy to take off and put on.
2.Dress preschoolers in comfortable, loose-fitting, machine-washable clothing that will not restrict free movement.
3.Preschoolers who are being toilet trained should bring extra changes of clothing in a labeled bag.Please send these children in clothing which is easy to take off and put on.
4.Please label all clothing items brought with the child (sweaters, jackets, hats, purses, bags, etc.).
1.Bottles will be given according to parents’ instructions.We ask that all bottles be pre-mixed and ready to serve with warming instructions included.For safety reasons, the preschool staff cannot mix formula for babies.
2.Parents should label bottles with the child’s name, contents, and time to be given (Example:Jane Doe – Apple Juice – at )
3.A nursing room is provided for nursing mothers.
4.No baby food will be served by a care giver unless a scheduled church function requires a meal.
5.Crackers and water may be served during Extended Teaching Care. Occasionally other foods are served during a session.If your child has food allergies, please let us know.
1.For the protection of your child and the other children, parents are requested not to bring a child who appears to be ill. Upon the recommendation of the Committee on Control of Infectious Diseases of the American Academy of pediatrics, a child should not be taken from home when any of the follow exists:
·Fever - currently or within previous 24 hours
·Vomiting or diarrhea
·Any symptom of a childhood disease such as scarlet fever, German measles, mumps, chicken pox, or whooping cough
·Common cold – from onset through one week
·Any unexplained rash
·Any skin infection – boils, ringworm, impetigo
·Pink eye or other eye infection
2.If a child develops a fever or other symptoms of illness, he will be isolated and the parents contacted to take the child home.
3. Preschool teachers and staff are not permitted to administer medication to any child.
4. Should your child develop an infectious disease following a session in the preschool area, please contact the preschool office immediately.
5.Parents should make note of any allergies on the security slip which is left with the child’s teacher.
Extended Teaching Care
1.Extended Teaching Care is provided during the Sunday morning worship services for all children under the age of four. After a child’s 4th birthday, they will attend the worship service with their parents.
2.Extended Teaching Care is staffed with volunteers from the congregation who are assigned to work one Sunday each quarter (4 times yearly).We will strive to assign two adults to each room. At least one of the volunteers will be female. If your older children need to stay with you, we will schedule you in our older ETC rooms.We ask that no children under age 10 be in the infant room.
The safety and security of your child is extremely important to us.We want to always be able to locate parents when their child needs them and we want to release children only to those who are approved to call for them.Checking your child in each time you bring your child enables us to do this.You will be given a security card / sticker to return when picking up your child.Children are released ONLY to an adult who presents the proper security card.Parents of younger preschoolers, visitors, or preschoolers who are having a difficult time separating from parents are urged to check out a pager at the preschool reception window.You will receive a silent page should your child need you during the session.Should you receive a page, please report promptly to your child’s room.