You can find a current list of job openings at Harrisburg below. Please click “Apply Now” and fill out the form to express your interest. If you have any questions about employment opportunities at Harrisburg, please contact Dr. David Parks at email@example.com.
Check back often for more job opportunities.
The Worship Pastor is responsible to the church, under the direction of the Executive Pastor for fulfilling the mission and vision of the church through the planning and leading of worship services. This is done in collaboration with and subject to the leadership of the Senior Pastor. Other key duties include the development and supervision of a comprehensive music program, and special events and services requiring music. These duties include the direct supervision of the music staff and volunteers involved in this ministry.
The Worship Pastor provides leadership and oversight to all aspects of worship and music at Harrisburg Baptist Church. This is a pastoral position that requires him to serve as a worship leader, a shepherd to those who serve in this ministry (choirs, musicians, tech, production, etc) and as a member of the overall ministry team.
Required Traits and Skills:
- The foremost requirement for this role is that of a Christ centered life. The successful candidate will have a deep and ever-growing relationship with God as evidenced by daily habits of spending time with Him and His Word, observable fruits of the spirit, active involvement in the leadership of a church, and a commitment to maintaining healthy accountability relationships with a small number of mature believers. A strong sense of calling will be evident.Qualified candidates will consistently model and demonstrate the spiritual qualifications for church leaders found in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
Contenders for this role will have substantial experience, in one or more congregations, successfully leading and overseeing worship ministries. Viable candidates will have experience working in growing organizations that strive for a high standard of excellence in every way.
- Our staff functions in a collaborative, strengths based and team-oriented culture. The Worship Pastor must be characterized by these same values. Skilled Team play is a must. Additionally, our staff functions in a learning culture so the candidate must demonstrate a track record of commitment to personal growth and development.
- Though not required to preach, the Worship Pastor must be able to effectively share God’s Word and represent the overall vision of Harrisburg Baptist Church. Therefore, this person will likely be known as an able equipper and communicator via the written and spoken word.
- A well-established theological construct and an in-depth knowledge of scripture is necessary for the demands of this position. Leading candidates will affirm the SBC Baptist Faith & Message 2000 and possess a biblical theology and philosophy of ministry that is consistent with that of Harrisburg Baptist Church.
- Further, this is the role of a pastor. A shepherd’s approach is a must; thus this person will possess personal warmth that brings comfort, peace, wise counsel and harmony to relationships and the work environment.
Submit your resume via the "Apply Now" button or firstname.lastname@example.org