Jasen grew up in a Christian home in Miami, Florida, at First Baptist Church of Perrine (now Christ Fellowship). He was heavily involved in the music ministry of that church and felt called to Christian Ministry in High School. He accepted the Lord as his Savior at the age of eight during Vacation Bible School. Throughout college and seminary he prepared himself by going to the top schools in his field and secured an internship at one of the best Music and Worship ministries in the country. His standard for music is very high because of these experiences!
Jasen’s philosophy of worship is simple: to develop disciples who adore and worship God personally and corporately in spirit and in truth. His ministry isn’t about how much he does. Instead, he loves and encourages the people that he has been entrusted with. He is a minister first and a musician second. Jasen seeks to multiply his ministry through strategic, intentional mentorship and discipleship.
Jasen and his wife, Brooke, were married April 5, 2008 and have three kids: Masen (11), Emery (9) and Elenor (4). Brooke is from Lubbock, TX and her family is now located in Abilene, TX. Jasen and Brooke met at Pioneer Drive Baptist Church. Jasen loves to read and go to the movies with his family. He is an avid lover of classical music and film scores. As a family, they love to play board games, go to theme parks, and play escape games.
- Florida State University Tallahassee, FL
- Bachelor of Music Education - Instrumental (Psychology minor) 2000
- Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Fort Worth, TX.
- Master of Music in Church Music 2004
- First Baptist Church, Dallas, TX, Music Intern
- Pioneer Drive Baptist Church, Abilene, TX, Associate Minister of Music
- First Baptist Sweetwater, Longwood, FL, Pastor of Music & Worship
- Sugar Land Baptist Church, Sugar Land, TX, Associate Worship & Arts Minister, 2019-Present
- Read sheet music
- Chord charts
- Play by ear
- Pitch memory, but not perfect pitch
- Vocal ensemble at FBC, Tallahassee
- Graduate degree is choral - large choirs, smaller choirs
- Voice lessons for 3 years with Carol Altman, FBC Dallas
- Cello & Piano
- All brass & wind instruments to some degree
Schedule for the week of August 2
Saturday, August 1st
9:30am Choir Meet and Greet
10:00am Rehearsal (Sanctuary)
11:00am Question and Answers with Jasen (Steamed Live via the Web, FB, YouTube)
Sunday, August 2nd
Worship at 9:30am and 11:00am. Jasen will lead the choir and worship in both services.
Voting by secret ballot in both services. Drive through voting for online viewers will be from 11:00am - 1:30pm
Our Deacons will count the votes and report to the church via email, phone cast, and social media Sunday evening.